So many of these posts here are mopey, I wanted to liven things up with the little things in life. These are the snippets of time which we should try to gather like wildflowers, and one day we'll end up with a whole lovely bunch.
These are some flowers from this week.
- During PE when me and Claire were partners for badminton and it was really fun. Mrs.Chan got pissed at us and made us go downstairs in the hot sun, but it was actually a blessing in disguise, because we had a great time even in our uniforms. I sweat a lot but I also laughed a lot, Claire's one of those jokey people. Side note, Claire's actually one of the most honest people I've met. She doesn't dodge around the issue- she totally admitted that we weren't friends last year even though we were in the same clique, and I really appreciated that she didn't try to play out we were chummy or anything. It's the truth. Which goes to show she says it like she means it. So I was pretty happy when she said she hoped we'd end up in the same class again in JC. Me too, Claire. Me too. Plus, it was nice to play some badminton. I totally killed it.
- Thursday after school, a bunch of us were studying in school. Halfway through things got a bit mad. Anne wanted to dance and do yoga, and we were suddenly planning to have a sleepover in school, seriously discussing tactics to hide from the security guard. We discovered that Christabelle names her body parts,something like one of her elbows is Frederick?? Then Mrs.Cheong came to shoo us out at 6pm and Christabelle repeatedly yelled in protest, "I just got into the zone!" which was so funny because it was already 6 and she'd taken about 4 hours to "get into the zone".
- Chloe discovered someone had stepped on her bio booklet so we immediately blamed it on Denise. Denise = go to scapegoat for everything that happens. (Just kidding. I laugh a lot at Denise's jokes really.)
- Basically the whole of Saturday. I feel like I didn't adequately explain why Saturdays are precious to me in this post. Maybe it isn't possible. Anyway, the first thing is that I bumped into Lorraine at the Clementi busstop! She'd just had her 2 hour dragon-boating CCA, so we took took the bus together to church. I've mentioned Lorraine before in mentioned post and whatever I said still stands. She's one of the funniest people ever. And she didn't even get mad at me when I poked her nose with my pen, just laughed.
- Seeing my DG mates again also brightened up Saturday considerably. I love them a lot. Oh, and Rachel Lee came to join! Apprently her cousin (?) introduced her family to TBC. She might come every week now. I was so shocked to see her, but it's amazing if she joins because Rachel Lee is super funny as well. I remember laughing so much at her jokes in Korea last year. Like, she asked the market lady selling drinks how much was her ice. She literally took a handful of the ice and said, "how much?". And then at the buffet when we took too much food but the teachers had said we were to eat everything we'd taken, so she put all our extras in a bottle and STUFFED THE BOTTLE UNDER HER SHIRT AND RAN TO THE LOO. Who else would be Denise Teo's best friend, right?
- Shannon and Kevin Cheng (AKA the Cheng Mobile- I LOVE that nickname it is the cutest ever) wrote me little notes of encouragement. I sound so deadpan here but honestly I was super touched. They were only small notes but it made my day because it was so sweet that they'd taken time out of their day to think about me and bother about me, you know? Even Cheng Mobile, whom I don't know that well...how can people be so nice???
- Pris convinced me to crash 'Ties that Bind', so Jeannette, me, Ervin and the guy whose name I don't know formed our own table and called it 'the orphan table', it was so funny. I was very grateful actually because I'd totally been abandoned for dinner, plus it was so quiet in the well, that wasn't funny at all...zero motivation to do bio. But dinner was good. Any sort of company from church is always nice.
I could go on more but this is enough for one post. And, you know, it works, because I feel a lot better after typing this all out.
Holy Spirit, living Breath of God,
Breathe new life into my willing soul.
Bring the presence of the risen Lord
To renew my heart and make me whole.
Cause Your Word to come alive in me;
Give me faith for what I cannot see;
Give me passion for Your purity.
Holy Spirit, breathe new life in me.
L / 18 / SG / ACJC
see here to find out more.
If you get everything you want the minute you want it, what's the point of living?
last updated: 5 september